Monday, November 14, 2011

Low

Maybe I've told you this, but the Hung Far Low lounge, a few blocks from our new house was going to be my new hangout. WAS. I just had a drink there and I'm relieved my female companion and I made it out unscathed. The bartender was drunk and periodically disappeared into the back parking lot. The partons were too drunk to stand, except for those that were leaned again their video poker machines, oblivious to anything but their dwindling cash. A large dark man of shady character stared at us for a period, struck the table repeatedly to try and get our attention, then got up to approach us, at the last moment breaking into a lonely solo dance and then bailed out the back door to our utter relief. Huge wafts of weed periodically passed by. Maybe I can find a bar within walking distance in the other direction, away from 82nd street. Damn! I was really hoping to say often "Meet me at the Hung Far Low!" but unfortunately its far too low for me to hang:)

1 comment:

  1. damn! at least it gave you last awesome last line.

    i noticed there is hung far low downtown location. everyone needs a favorite downtown hangout...

    ReplyDelete